Any male person above the age of twenty-one (18) years, who participated in, or who is a lineal descendant of one who served during the War of 1812, in the army, navy, revenue-marine, or privateer service of the United States, offering proof thereof satisfactory to the State Society to which he may make application for membership, and who is of good moral character and reputation, may become a member of this Society when approved of by said State Society, under such regulations as it may make for passing upon applications for membership.
The following service and no other shall be regarded as satisfying the requirements of the preceding paragraph:
- Service as an officer, warrant officer or enlisted man in the United States Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Revenue Marine, Flotilla Service or Voluntary Corps at any time between November 7, 1811, and July 18, 1815;
- Service at any time between June 19, 1812, and February 18, 1815, as a member of the ship’s company on any public armed vessel of the United States or any vessel sailing under Letters of Marque and Reprisal issued by the United States;
- Service in the militia of any state or territory or the District of Columbia duly called out for service against an armed enemy or for coast or border defense between November 7, 1811, and July 18, 1815.
- Service in the forces of the United States at the Battle of Tippecanoe on November 7, 1811.
- Service as the President of the United States, Secretary of War, or Secretary of the Navy between November 7, 1811 and July 18.1815.
- Service as a Governor or Adjutant General of a state or territory of the United States between November 7, 1811 and July 18,1815
No service, however, shall be regarded as qualifying if the person who rendered such service voluntarily bore arms against the United States at any time between the dates named or if such person’s latest service between said dates was terminated by a separation from the service under conditions other than honorable.
Collateral descendants, who are deemed worthy, may be admitted to represent the said participant.
Provided, always, that such representation shall be limited to the descendant of either a brother or sister of the participant in the war,
in right of whose services application for membership is made.
Click Here 1st for our Application Requirements
(Read Before Completing Application)